It occurred to me why I'm burned out at my job. Other than the obvious nature of the overworked, underpaid and unappreciated state of corporate employment, it's the inability to detach from my work. Maybe more like feeling that I have to be attached, worrying, thinking, planning, putting every waking ounce of energy into it so much that I become it and lose my own identity.
This is what makes us emotionally sick as a society. The American culture is becoming this. And I want no part of it.
Today, I came in to a shit storm of annoyances. I found myself wishing my week away again. Dreading the day ahead. Dreading tomorrow. Dreading life. And it dawned on me. So I took my break. I detached my mind from work, hence a break being an actual break. I left my phone, iPod, concerns and I enjoyed the warm sun I my arms. I smelled the air. I watched the clouds. I made the choice to adopt a more European mindset about it all. If I don't, my life will suffer and so will my work momentum.
I feel refreshed. Detach your soul from the jobs we must all maintain to get money. Use your brain to do a damn good job, but liberate your mind from feeling chained.