Our world IS a fantasy world all its own. We connect with people for various reasons in multiple ways. Life ebbs and flows as often as the tides in the oceans. Sometimes lower and other times higher. People panic and imagine this is permanent and forget that these circumstances swing almost like a pendulum. The low will become high once more.
This is how nature works. We are nature and thus we are not immune to these cycles.
I am experiencing a simultaneous high and low. I'm so busy in all kinds of positive ways, but also am not in a secure job. I'm in constant worry about something either work related or band related. As a sufferer of fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue, this type of thing is obviously too much for my body. In my right to freedom, to which I believe everyone is entitled, my attempts at setting boundaries are generally met with criticism or pushiness. And I realized tonight that it's because non-sufferers can't empathize. It's an indescribable feeling, to be literally worn out from something that would barely tire others.
So the guilt trips I've allowed others to put on me will no longer be blamed. I can forgive the inability to understand. But what will not be tolerated is the refusal to respect a boundary. I find that extremely offensive. I wouldn't dream of crossing a set boundary and wouldn't feel comfortable in struggling with someone to get my way when they clearly are telling me no.
Work, friends, family. Learn to respect each other. That's what we have left as humans. We can still connect with each other with our boundaries in place. in fact, it can only strengthen our bonds.
If you think a flower is beautiful, don't pick it or it will wither and die. Observe it and keep it as it existed when you first saw it.